SE1 Media is looking for candidates who can demonstrate a strong academic background, showing the ability to think strategically, work in a highly numeric and analytical manner, yet have a grounded understanding of the business world – cutting straight to the point when needed. The right candidate will have a “can-do” attitude to work, show enthusiasm and creativity in their approach to the job and be confident both in their ability to make recommendations and present findings with authority.
As an Executive Consultant for SE1 Media, you will undertake a varied programme:
- Researching and analysing the latest digital trends
- Digital brand and competitor audits on behalf of clients
- In-depth Performance analysis of brand’s digital assets
- Benchmarking digital performance of destination brands
- Market research on visitor statistics
- Consumer research on media and technology consumption
- Industry reports and benchmarks
- Developing visionary strategies for clients
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge digital research, be part of not only attending but speaking at the tourism industry’s leading marketing conferences, meet with and present research findings to clients and be a major driver in helping the Digital Tourism Think Tank become the leading industry platform for knowledge exchange worldwide.
Develop the most appropriate research methodologies relevant to project needs and required outcomes, identifying methods for undertaking quantative and qualitative research, project stages, timeframes as well as technologies and skills required.
Desk research: Identifying and using the most appropriate statistical resources from publicly available data and using this to identify indicators in order to draw thoroughly thought through conclusions, extrapolate future trends and support arguments for strategic recommendations.
Qualitative research: Identifying and using the most appropriate formats and instruments through which to conduct consumer and industry based qualitative research to obtain clear and balanced representative views in order to support strategic recommendations.
Consulting: Undertaking a consultative role, meeting with the SE1 Media team and clients to discuss their opportunities and challenges and to work in partnership with them to identify the most appropriate solutions for their needs. Regularly consulting with the wider industry to gain broader insight to support the operational and strategic challenges and benchmarks set by key stakeholders.
Strategy Development: Channeling the above knowledge and insight into a clear set of strategic recommendations for clients. Preparing and drafting new marketing and communications strategies which clients will use and adopt throughout their respective organisations.
As a consultant for SE1 Media, you will also be expected to demonstrate:
- Ability to set and adhere to strict deadlines and consistently deliver and outstanding standard of work as expected by clients.
- Show initiative in your approach to research, finding appropriate avenues to obtaining data or information required to conduct in-depth research or support arguments being presented.
- With the work being research and report focused you must demonstrate impeccable written English and the ability to deliver comprehensive reports in British English using the appropriate written style depending on the reader.
- Industry Knowledge – Demonstrate a profound understanding of the tourism industry and the daily functioning of a tourism organisation in terms of their overall strategic and marketing objectives as well as a good knowledge of other areas of the tourism industry.
- Marketing Knowledge – Good understanding of the principles of marketing and the components and steps to be considered in creating a strong and successful marketing strategy, as well as an awareness of how this might differer in tourism.
- Digital Marketing and Technology – The right candidate will be passionate about new technology and an advocate of how organisations can and should continue to evolve and reform marketing strategies to respond to the changing environment.
- Presentation Skills – Great research deserves a great presentation, you will be confident and excited at the prospect of presenting your own work and justifying statements and predictions made supported with examples and case studies.
- Ongoing Interest – Remain ‘in-the-loop’ about new reports, data sources and research, building relationships with leading research houses to showcase and deliver new opportunities to the European tourism industry.
- Versatility – Versatility to adapt your work to the needs of the project or client, such as switching from an extensive piece of competitive research on behalf of a client to writing a two-page fact sheet for the Digital Tourism Think Tank.
- Organisational Skills – Be naturally well organised, able to managed multiple projects, tasks and deadlines and report to management on their progress at regular intervals.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to elevate your career in tourism consulting, submit an application using the form below, we’d love to hear from you.